China, Azerbaijan record rapid growth of trade
2013-04-19 11:08:50 | Jason, Xinhua
Trade between China and Azerbaijan increased by 17.6 percent in 2012 year-on-year to hit 1.2 billion U.S. dollars, a Chinese official said here Thursday.
Zhang Wei, vice chairman of the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade (CCPIT), said at the Azerbaijan-China business forum that trade between the two countries has potentials to grow bigger.
The forum witnessed the signing of a memorandum of understanding between CCPIT and the Azerbaijan Export and Investment Promotion Foundation (AZPROMO) for cooperation in the creating of a China-Azerbaijan council of entrepreneurs.
According to Azerbaijan's Deputy Minister of Economic Development Niyazi Safarov, a reliable legal framework has been developed for Azerbaijan - China cooperation and more than 20 agreements have been signed between the two countries.
"Both countries have experienced a stable economic growth contributing to mutual trade relations," said Safarov.
Sixty-nine Chinese companies are now operating in Azerbaijan. The main areas of Chinese investment are trade, construction, agriculture and communications.
- Guangxi's Belt and Road trade surges2015-05-19
- Australians lose nearly 65 mln USD to scams in 2014: report2015-05-19
- China eyes "capacity exports" to sustain growth2015-05-19
- China levies measures on Japanese, U.S. fiber preforms2015-05-19
- China's Q1 foreign service trade surges2015-05-19
- China, Kazakhstan agree on light railway project2015-05-19
- Indonesia decides to use more local steel2015-05-19
- Malaysia’s central bank releases mobile phone app identifying forged note2015-05-19
- Asia becomes world's largest investor region: UNCTAD2015-05-19
- France eyes 1.5 pct growth in 2015 : PM2015-05-19
Qingdao World Import Fair&Procurement ...